Friday, August 19, 2011

Seasons

To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

For my first blog I wanted to share a little bit of what I believe God has been speaking to me lately..

As I was doing my devotions and reading the word I came upon this scripture in Ecclesiastes. I think many of us struggle with "timing" and being patient. I know I do, BIG TIME, and God has really been teaching me about patience lately. When I pray for things, I get into the habit of wanting to see INSTANT change, and that just simply isn't the way God works sometimes. I have big hopes and dreams for my life and sometimes it feels as though I am at kind of a "stand-still", and then I get discouraged when I don't see instant results or my life moving forward. But I really do believe that God puts us through these periods of "waiting" to test us and make us stronger. He uses struggles and hardships to bring us back to our knees so He can humble us once again. God will change us, but it takes time. We need times in our lives where our focus is on God alone, nothing else. His love is so strong, and I honestly think that He will do whatever it takes to spend time with us. So He will even put us through desperate circumstances so we will learn to rely fully on Him. Our lives are like the seasons, constantly changing. So don't give up, don't lose heart, God will show up just like He promised, it'll just take a little patience. :) 


This is a page from the book, From our Father's Heart by Jim & Merry Corbett, and I think it fits perfectly..

Do not despair or lose heart when I am taking you through a hard time.
Do not despise or turn away from Me, but rather run to me with open arms
and know that I will hold you close to Me. 
In such times as these, please understand My purpose for you and My plans for you.
(Jer. 29:11)
I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. 
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. 
Plans to give you a hope and a future. 
Just learn to trust in Me.
Depend on Me.
Rest in Me
and know that I am in control of every situation of your life. 
There is nothing that happens in your life that I don't know about first
(Matt. 10:29-31.)
Put your trust fully in Me and not in the things of this world. 
Draw close to Me.
Spend time with Me.
Get to really know Me.



2 comments:

  1. I like it, and it is so true. God will use what we consider bad to let us realize how lost we are without Him. It's that very realization that opens the door for miracles in our lives. No limits, no holding back, no fear. Hope you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, Enjoyed this very, very much! You have placed your heart (and treasure) upon things eternal! We all need to reflect upon the truths you so clearly expressed! Thanks for a refreshing reminder! God bless you & we love you! Love, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete